Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Love, in a comic book?

...No, not at all actually. I too was almost knocked out of shoes upon seeing these two books seeing as I haven't seen a teen love comic on the stands in...ever. That's not to say that there isn't a hint of the ol "true heart" in either of these, but they're still not a throw back to the 50s of box of chocolates and class pins. Really though, none of this is why I picked up either of these books. If you ever get a chance to look at the first book, really take a look at who the artist are...Palmiotti?...Kirby?...BUSCEMA? But all all of this just made way to what the book really was...a spoof. Apparently someone got it in their head that love comics were just silly and so they decided to go even farther and just made them...hilarious. The second book...well...it has Marcoe Martin and he's always fantastic.
Anyway, getting nerdy about comics I actually did some drawing. It started with trying to draw a few of the people I work with and then it just turned into a bunch of faces. Wel, I thought I should post something so I put this...maybe one more drawing. Something from a drawing session with a couple of friends. Good times with tthat charcoal.

No comments: