Thursday, June 01, 2006

This is going to be one FUN weekend...I hope.

I'm SO excited for this saturday...actually, this whole weekend (including Monday, oddly enough) is going to be so exciting. Saturday is the start of what I hope will be a long running of "SketchCrawls" here in Georgia. I'd finally talked a couple of friends to joining me out to just walk around town and draw. It's going to be hot, it's going to be long...I'm hoping it's going to be a blast. I'll admit, the fact that this isn't San Franciso will probably make it less then AMAZING as very little happens in Georgia unless it's planned well in advance, but...who cares?...It should be fun all the same. I'm hoping to have batteries and a bigger memory card for my camera for saturday so as to have a couple of pictures of the whole thing.

Course, I'm sure ALOT of people are going to cancel last minute as usual.

But that's okay, cause if saturday doesn't go as well as I'd hoped, Monday will make up for it. Jetix is apparently premiereing "Oban: Star Racer" and I can't wait. Originally it was a concept show that a french studio called Sav! The World (http://savtheworld.com/) came up with...and I'll tell yah...when I say what they show was ORIGINALLY going to look like I was drooling all over my keyboard.



Sadly, as it happens sometimes, the concept was far greater then what was possible. The studio later decided that making the show 2D would save money and time. Of course I can understand but...DAMN, what a let down. Oh well, I've been waiting to see if the show is actually at all any good and if they can still blow my mind away even without everything being 3D (now only the vehicles and backgrounds during the races are computer generated)...



I tell yah what though...it STILL looks pretty good from what I'm seeing.

No comments: